4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 9:22 AM by crzyr3d

Anyone know what causes NetObject=AHS: ???

ecklerwr1

I get alerts for some devices that have a network device link in the alert that leads to nothing as NPM doesn't know what AHS is so I'll get:

Unexpected Website Error

Unknown net object prefix: "AHS"

I saw this once before with NPM incorrectly monitoring Dell Blade Centers when NPM 10.5 came out with support for blade centers and it was fixed with an update or hotfix.

I'm starting to see some other hardware device monitoring alerts that also link this way and was wondering if anyone knows where this NetObject=AHS: is coming from???

• Re: Anyone know what causes NetObject=AHS: ???
          ecklerwr1

This may not be good that no one else has seen this before... Strange thing is it only happens on a few Alerts and the rest are fine.  If I clear them they fire again and come back again with AHS in the links.

• Re: Anyone know what causes NetObject=AHS: ???
            crzyr3d

I actually do!  Well I hope this helps.

Go to the alert and change the alert trigger item from APM Hardware etc to just Hardware in the pull downs.  See the information below.

Hardware Health: Unknown net object prefix: "AH", "AHT", "AHS" error from Active Alerts resource.

Issue: You receive the following for hardware health: Unknown net object prefix: "AH", "AHT", "AHS" error from Active Alerts resource.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Add nodes with hardware health

2. Create advanced alerts for all types of hardware health objects.

3. Navigate to the Node details page

4. On the Active Alerts resource, click Network Device link

Actual Results: Unknown net object prefix: "AH", "AHT", "AHS"

Cause: This is a known issue and will be addressed in a future release.

Information: There are currently two hardware health netobjects. The obsolete ones have the APM prefix (APM Hardware, APM Hardware Type, and APM Hardware Sensor). The new netobjects lack the prefix APM (Hardware, Hardware Type, Hardware Sensor).

Workaround: You should edit your alerts and change the netobjects (in the trigger section) to use the new ones.