3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 4:20 PM by aLTeReGo

BizTalk Availability Monitor WMI Credentials

configguys

I'm having issues with the BizTalk Availability monitors. They are not using the custom credentials and are all failing with "Internal Error from OLEDB provider: Login failed for user 'NT Authority\Anonymous logon' . Any idea why the custom credentials that have the proper server and SQL permissions are not being used?

Thanksbiztalkmonitorerror.PNG

• Re: BizTalk Availability Monitor WMI Credentials
          aLTeReGo

Based on the screenshot you provided above, it appears that no credentials have been specified and "ANONYMOUS LOGON" is being used. This is most likely the issue.

• Re: BizTalk Availability Monitor WMI Credentials
            kcongdon

Any luck resolving this?  I too am getting this same error when I try to monitor my Biztalk servers using the Biztalk monitors.  From what I can tell, Kerberos double hop appears to be occurring. 

• Re: Re: BizTalk Availability Monitor WMI Credentials
                aLTeReGo

Please note that this template requires some customization of the template before it will work properly in your environment. From the notes included with the template

Note: Before using this template you should provide the correct names of instances/ports/orchestrations in the Query field. See notes for each particular monitor.

For example: Host Instance State

This component monitor returns the specific Host Instance service status.

Possible values:

1 – Stopped.

2 – Start pending.

3 – Stop pending.

4 – Running.

5 – Continue pending.

6 – Pause pending.

7 – Paused.

8 – Unknown.

Note: You should set the correct Host Instance name in the Query field in:

'Microsoft BizTalk Server HOSTNAME SERVER'

The Host Instance name begins with the phrase “Microsoft BizTalk Server”. Following that comes the Hostname of the BizTalk host to which this BizTalk host instance belongs (HOSTNAME). The last one is the BizTalk server name (SERVER).

Example: HOSTNAME=client1, SERVER=bizserver. The result of the Query field should be:

Select ServiceState From MSBTS_HostInstance Where Name = 'Microsoft BizTalk Server client1 bizserver'

Query within the component monitor that needs to be altered:

[Select ServiceState From MSBTS_HostInstance Where Name = 'Microsoft BizTalk Server HOSTNAME SERVER']