This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scheduled Report stop working after new web certificat imported.

Hello,

An old certificate expired at my orion web server. I created a request at IIS, than create new cert, import it.

New cert works fine except scheduled reports. I'm still getting: "Unable to convert the Web Page to PDF"

RunOrionJob.log:

1.11.2013 15:59:04 Started Job-30990.OrionJob

OrionWebPdf.log:

2013-11-01 15:59:04,816 [1] INFO  ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - Settings File contents:

2013-11-01 15:59:04,862 [1] INFO  ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - Begin parsing input data from file C:\Users\SVCSOL~1.ORI\AppData\Local\Temp\radF8296.tmp.enc

2013-11-01 15:59:04,862 [1] INFO  ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - URL=https://xxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Orion/Report.aspx?Report=Volumes%20by%20%25usage%20over%2080%25&ReturnTo=aHR0cHM6Ly9zb2xhcmlzL09yaW9uL1JlcG9ydHMvVmlld1JlcG9ydHMuYXNweA==&InlineRendering=TRUE&MinPageWidth=1024&Printable=TRUE&AccountID=svc%2Esolaris%2Eorion%40cz%2Eavg%2Ecom&Password=4DkHQrCS

OutputFile=C:\Users\SVCSOL~1.ORI\AppData\Local\Temp\rad4AFD5.tmp.pdf

TimeoutSeconds=240

ConversionDelay=0

Width=0

CreateERRLog=true

Username=xxx\xxx.xxxx.xxx

Password=xxxxxxx

2013-11-01 15:59:04,862 [1] INFO  ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - End parsing input data from file C:\Users\SVCSOL~1.ORI\AppData\Local\Temp\radF8296.tmp.enc

2013-11-01 15:59:04,909 [1] DEBUG ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - NavigationTimeoutMilliseconds 600000

2013-11-01 15:59:04,909 [1] DEBUG ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - ConversionDelayMilliseconds 360000

2013-11-01 15:59:04,925 [1] INFO  ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - ExportToPdfCmd Exporting...

2013-11-01 16:09:06,761 [1] ERROR ExportToPdfCmd.HTMLExporter - FAIL: Convertion failed. Operation times out.

Mail:

Message from SolarWinds Report Scheduler Attached PDF export of: <here is correct URL>

Unable to convert the Web Page to PDF

------

with no further error description.

After seraching & reading thwack forums I tried:

- Replace server name by FQDN at report URL

- Set Longer timeouts  at ExportToPDFCmd.exe.config

- Set ExportToPDF.HttpsServerName at web.config

- Account used for scheduled tasks is local administrator at orion server. I tried all available browsers, logged localy at orion server. Works fine.

And of course - tried to restart IIS, All Orion Services, whole server...

Could anybody provide me an advice, please?

• You've definitely covered your bases on troubleshooting, but sounds likely there is something wonky with that self-signed cert. We should probably have our support team dig in on it. http://www.solarwinds.com/support/

• It is not selfsigned certificate. The certificate is signed by company internal CA and widely used withou problems.

I opened case# 540228

• Account used for scheduled tasks is local administrator at orion server. Did you set the password of your account again on Orion report scheduler ? after you edited other fields ?

Do you have a different account/user to that server which can run scheduled tasks? If so replace the existing account/user with the new account/user & password on Orion report scheduler and give it a try.

Message was edited by: Vinay BY

• Hello

Before I installed new certificate, all reports run without FQDN in URL, with "only" domain administrator account (local admin priviledges, of course).

After certificate change there'no error visible at eventlog and orion log files (At least these logs I expect to relate to this problem). Job just wait timeout and send "Unable to convert the Web Page to PDF" in e-mail.

Anyway - I tried run this task with local administrator, with correct password. The same behaviour.

I can see at IIS logs - the task is getting some files, what surprises me a bit. I expected to get 403 or something similar due to invalid SSL.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Petr_Pribyl

Hi,

I'm having the same situation, the only thing that the log says is "FAIL: Convertion failed. Operation times out." and the email received does not have any specific errors just says unable to convert to PDF, did you have any response from solarwinds support regarding your case?

• Upgrade to 10.6.1 solved this issue for me.