- If you setup something like the Kiwi Syslog server and point the device to that IP, do you see data coming into Kiwi?
- On the Isilon device, are you sending to a hostname or an IP?
- If hostname, can you confirm that DNS is working?
- If IP, is it reachable from the Isilon?
- Checking the connectors available in LEM, I don't see anything that matches Isilon. It may be that a connector is needed (in which case Kiwi can capture sample data)
- How chatty are the Isilon devices? Is it possible that there just hasn't been that much syslog data, or enough for the LEM to notice?
- Can you bump the log level on the Isilon device to make it generate more traffic temporarily and see if the LEM finds it?
- Does CHECKLOGS still show local0 as empty?
It is IP based which you can ping the appliance from isilon. The logs are quite chatty and we have them set to debug. We even caused more chatter to add to the already traffic going to the LEM appliance but Local0 remains empty. Kiwi was a no go.
I'd suggest opening a case with Support and let us work with you to find out what is going on.