1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 5:01 PM by dsbalcau

    Authenication error in Mobile Admin

    bondbane

        I upgraded and logged into the Mobile Admin RC the first time, and got this error on the Android, "An unexpected error has occurred. Object reference not set to an instance of an object..Please visit knowlegebase.solarwinds.com for guidance. The MobileAdmin log file contains additional information." This also freezes the app and required a forced stop. When I checked the server logs, found this,"

       

       

      LEVEL0: 2013-10-25T10:34:27 - 3156 - WorkProcess - [PID]: #### Name:
      MA16T8D09F84EA14EA86] Exception communicating with server:
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
      object.

       

       

        at
      Rove.Common.DataProvider.DataProviderBase.ExecuteQuery(String str, Object[]
      Args)

       

       

        at Rove.Common.DataProvider.DataProviderBase.GetUserID(String
      SID)

       

       

        at Rove.Common.DataProvider.DataProviderBase.GetUserID(String
      domain, String username)

       

       

        at Rove.MobileAdmin.WorkProcess.MobileAdminWorkProcess.Run()

       

       

      LEVEL0: 2013-10-25T10:34:27 - #### - PageDispatcher - Connection
      [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:46016:SSL]. Error creating work process: 0 Windows user:
      DOMAIN\username@domain.com

       

       

      LEVEL0: 2013-10-25T10:34:27 - #### - PageDispatcher - Error creating work
      process (0).Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

       

       

      LEVEL0: 2013-10-25T10:34:29 - #### - WorkProcess - [PID]: #### Name:
      MA5T8D09F84EB3A5CC6] Exception communicating with server:
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
      object.

       

       

        at Rove.Common.DataProvider.DataProviderBase.ExecuteQuery(String
      str, Object[] Args)

       

       

        at Rove.Common.DataProvider.DataProviderBase.GetUserID(String
      SID)

       

       

        at Rove.Common.DataProvider.DataProviderBase.GetUserID(String
      domain, String username)

       

       

        at Rove.MobileAdmin.WorkProcess.MobileAdminWorkProcess.Run()

       

       

      "

       

       

      I confirmed that the problem in a FQDN in the User Name field, and wanted to pass along this ugly error. Yes, one should use the 'username' in the username field without the @domain.com