4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2020 10:27 AM by highstone351

Fix Last Response bug in IPAM with DHCP reservations

sfletche

Just want to see if anyone wants to support a fix for a current bug in IPAM.  When we started integrating DHCP servers with IPAM

we came across the last response issue , where it reflects the last response of the DHCP server not the last response of the client.

There is a "feature request" (dont get me started on that terminology) to fix this issue here

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2782

if you've ever used a dhcp reservation this applies to you! why should reservations reflect inaccurate last response data?

thanks for reading.

• Re: Fix Last Response bug in IPAM with DHCP reservations
          highstone351

My latest concern is when DNS and DHCP do NOT have a reservation for an IP Address but, IPAM still shows it!

I have been doing maintenance on Reservations is DHCP for my client and have taken out a lot of old reservations that have been dead for a very long time.

I rely on IPAM to tell me: Which IP Address has not responded to a Ping (historically) (Blank msec) and the last known MAC Address (the server has that info).

I have solved many of the reservations and cleaned a lot of them out. As I run my report, I am finding "leftovers" that do not appear in DHCP or DNS in Forward or Reverse Look up tables.

Remarkably, I cannot find where the old record could be. (Obviously, the dB has them stuck somewhere. The only interesting fact is that the "Last Synch: seems to be stuck on an old date/time.

Any ideas?

Mark

frak

I have that - and a lot of fake collisions between a pair of dhcp servers. Logs show the 'scan' for dhcp is not fonishing. In my case then poller is overloaded.

mesverrum

Thats along the lines of what I was thinking as well, if you make a change on the dhcp server but IPAM doesn't reflect the change I'd be suspicious that the polling job isn't working for some reason or another.

highstone351

I'm having a reverse issue with IPAM where I request an IP Address from a specific Sub-Net.

IPAM does not confirm the request and stalls on the screen (I have admin rights so it should just come back with "OKEY-DOKEY").

I did not have an alert enabled to go through that process but, when I turned the alert on, it still did not give a URL to complete the process. Also, it did not give any URL in the alert (as advertised).

I am running IPAM4.7 and 12.3 NPM.  THAT should not be a hindrance unless the product still needs the aforementioned "Feature Request"!! (And don't get me started on that either!)

I have read as much as I can about how this is supposed to work. My client is now wanting to use it to the fullest and we cannot! Sigh.

Mark H.