This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Top 10 - Virtual Disks Always Worst Offenders

Hello,

My ESXi machines consistently show up in the top 10 by percent memory used. This appears to be tracking memory allocated to virtual machines? Which I don't see as a problem, and so to me this seems to be a nuisance alarm.

My first instinct is to stop monitoring this memory of the ESXi machine - however, I don't see a way of doing this. Within Node Management, when selecting ESXi nodes the "List Resources" button is disabled. Also, I don't see a way to list resources when looking at the corresponding page for the node itself.

It seems like everybody who monitors ESXi would also see this issue, but I've had a tough time finding any support for this. This outcome gives me the hunch that I'm doing something wrong in my configuration (or perhaps the percent memory used for an ESXi machine never be this high?). Could someone point me in the right direction. I've attached a screenshot to make things more clear.

Apologies if this is a beginner question, and I appreciate the help ahead of time.