This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Virtual Paths - cannot get them to work

Hi there

I am new to this forum and definitely new to the ftp site.  I have been trying for a few days now to grant access to a shared folder, most of my users will be accessing the site through a web browser.  Their home directories are set as /Folder/%USER% and the folder I want them all to see is /Folder/Shared Images.  Can anyone please assist as the user guides I have managed to find are not that clear.

Many thanks

Andy

• Try to follow these steps:

1. Navigate to directories -> virtual paths

2. Press "Add" and enter "/Folder/Shared Images" as physical Path and let's say "%HOME%/Shared Images" as virtual path

3. Navigate to "Directory access" tab
    4. Create new directory access rule with path: "/Folder/Shared Images" and set permissions that you want
    5. Save it & test it. Now you should see "Shared Images" folder under each user home directory in that domain.

• Dear Iamma

I have followed these steps but am still unable to see the shared folders under each user directory, is there anything else I should be trying?

Regards

Andrew

• Andy, this should be working for you.

Check if you have Virtual paths and Directory access configured to correct folder under domain directories. Use full physical path in directory access rule. A virtual path of "%HOME%/Shared Images" places the specified physical path in a folder named "Shared Images" within the User's home directory.

I hope this helps but I can't do much more if I don't see your configuration or what are you trying to set there.

• Thanks for your reply, I have discovered where my problems lies and it is with group settings overriding the virtual and directory settings, having removed the groups it is now working.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

Andy