7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 12:03 AM by jfc

DR fail over engine not working

saeedahmed_04

We are using latest fail over version for DR but not able to switch automatically or manually

When I am switching Primary server to secondary server our web console/site not working 

When I am disconnected all cable from primary server it’s not switching to secondary server

Is there any help.

Thanks

Ahmed

• Re: DR fail over engine not working
          RichardLetts

What are the logfiles showing in the FOE?

saeedahmed_04

Log file not contain any related information.                                                                               

thwack

DR fail over engine not working

created by RichardLetts

in Failover Engine - View

the full discussion

What are

the logfiles showing in the FOE?

Reply to this message by replying to

this email -or- go

to the message on thwack

Start a new discussion in Failover

Engine by email

or at thwack

RichardLetts

ok, in the FOE there are a number of tabs for each server (primary and secondary). You need to make sure they are configured correctly.

on the Network TAB, what do you have configured as your ping targets, and what do you have configured for 'Configure AutoSwitchover'?

I have:a) the router off the subnet ; b) a core router; and  c) a DNS server

(note: it doesn't include pinging the other server through the back-channel adapter)

The event log for the active failover engine should record that it has failed pings and the shutdown of the applications; if it's not recording anything there then somehting is not configured correctly and you'll need to figure out what -- Solarwinds support should be able to help with that.

/RjL

saeedahmed_04

hi,

i checked the status of services after manual switch, no service found (website services) solarwinds net perfmon on secondary server, is this show stopper of website opening process ?

Can I create this service ?

thanks

dkeyser

To expand on what RichardLetts has said there is a section in the FoE Server Manager application to enable/disable the automatic failover for the pair. I'd check that as well. If you're getting website errors what are those? Check your log files for any errors. I've seen quite a few times where the site wouldn't come up because the license was being replicated properly. You'll see this error in the logs but I forget where off the top of my head. Might want to load up the license manager just to check. If that is the problem there is a simple fix for it.

jfc

Try to open webconsole without port number