8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 4:10 PM by orionfan

list resources

amellott

Are you able to enable list resources on multiple nodes at one time?

• Re: list resources
          Jan Pelousek

No, List resources is not designed this way. This function is disabled with multiple selection. Could you, please specify your usecase? List resources is designed for obtaining the information directly from the device.

orionfan

I'd like to be able to disable resources on multiple devices at the same time?  We recently enable SNMP on our 800 wireless devices.  These devices have wifi0 and wifi1.  Each of these have 3 subinterfaces.  I started to go through these devices, and enabling all of these interfaces caused our polling limit to hit 85%.  I'd like to go back and only enable wifi0 and wifi1, and then disable the three sub interfaces for each of these interfaces.  For example, each access point has wifi0, wifi0.1, wifi0.2, wifi0.3....

mharvey

The quickest way would be to delete the interfaces you don't want to manage.  Now, if you have a discovery scheduled to run, next time those ports are picked up, add them to the ignore list.  This will prevent them from being re-added unless someone manually does a list resource on those devices. 

orionfan

Thanks for the quick reply.  We don't use the discovery functionality but I have meant to look into it.  I was aware that I can expand the node from the Manage Node view and click through them.  I would have preferred to select them in bulk or if there was a SQL query I could run to delete those interfaces.

mharvey

In node management, you can do a search, if you change the dropdown at the top from node to interface, search for wifi1.  This should then show them all, you can select them and delete that way.  You would then repeat for the other interfaces.  Would be a little better than SQL which can potentially lead to the wrong port potentially being removed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful