2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 2:32 PM by rrichardson37

ePO 4.5 Sending SNMP to LEM 5.6 not found in filters

rrichardson37

I am VERY new to LEM system.  We are running an evaluation of LEM 5.6 appliance and are trying to get alerts from our ePO 4.5.  We have followed the instructions from the KB (SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Integrating McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator v4.5+ with SolarWinds LEM) and when I issue a test trap from ePO, I see that test trap show up in the SNMP Trap Log on the CMC but I don't see it show up anywhere in the web console.  Including just looking for all SNMP traffic.

What am I missing?

• Re: ePO 4.5 Sending SNMP to LEM 5.6 not found in filters
          evanr

What do your event types look like in EPO?

Capture.JPG

We use the epo connector in addition to the onaccess and scan connectors for each agent node.  The updates generally log any DAT updates where the epo connector will log more system type events such as attempted agent uninstalls..etc. 

Here is what our filter and appliance connector look like:

epo.JPG

epo2.JPG

• Re: ePO 4.5 Sending SNMP to LEM 5.6 not found in filters
              rrichardson37

My ePO events look a little different, but I duplicated the server and workstation ones that currently send us an email alert and just changed the notification to SNMP.

LEM_ePO.PNG

My appliance connector looks the same, except my Tool Version is different.

LEM_Connector.PNG

I did not have a filter built, I was using the pre-built SNMP Traffic just to see if there was traffic there and didn't see any traffic.  I have created the filter to see if that gives me what I am looking for.