2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 4:31 PM by kylep1

Utilizing SWQL and multiple tables

chris.engstrom

I am trying to learn how to utilize these links in a table and I am hoping someone here can teach me how to fish.

I would like to utilize a current task utilizing UDT: I have an IP address and would like to get the switch and port that IP is on.

Looking at SWQL studio I see: Orion.UDT.IPAddress - I can get the EndpointID from a simple query

SELECT EndpointID from Orion.UDT.IPAddress i where i.IPAddress = '1.2.3.4'

I could join EndpointID with Orion.UDT.Endpoint.EndpointID ....

How would I take the resulting joined data and "follow" the link of Ports (Orion.UDT.PortToEndpointCurrent) ?

I see these icons that look like links and I really want to just use them line values

IE. Orion.UDT.Endpoint.Ports.Port.DisplayName

Any guidance is appreciated

Thanks,

Chris

• Re: Utilizing SWQL and multiple tables
          chris.engstrom

And so it is: I think I am learning how to fish ....

SELECT E.MACAddress, E.IpAddresses.IPAddress, E.Ports.Port.Node.DNS, E.Ports.Port.Name, E.Ports.ConnectionType

From Orion.UDT.Endpoint E

where E.MACAddress = 'XXXXXXXXXXXX' and E.Ports.ConnectionType = '2'

as well as using a join:

SELECT C.SerialNumber as serial_number ,C.Node.DisplayName as name, C.n_site_id as u_ans_site_code, C.Node.IPAddress as ip_address, C.Node.MachineType as model_number, N.SysObjectID as u_oid, N.NodeDescription as u_description, N.MachineType as short_description, C.Node.IOSVersion as firmware_version,  N.LastSync as last_discovered, N.NodeID as NodeID

FROM Orion.NodesCustomProperties C

Inner Join `Orion`.`Nodes` as N

On (`C`.`NodeID` = `N`.`NodeID`)

where C.Node.DisplayName like '%nodename%';

1 of 1 people found this helpful