This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding Physical Servers to STM

Is there a way to add multiple nodes at a time to STM? Could this be scripted?

• So, to add physical servers into STM you'll need to install an agent on that server.  I remember a customer having a script a long time ago, but I know I've since lost it.  In other words, my answer is yes, it can be scripted.

Silent installer:

The agent installer does have a silent option.  If you run the agent in command line with -? that will present you with a list of switches that you can run with the installer to set the destination ip address and set to run after install.  If I remember correctly, the script the customer built had a list of IP addresses in it that were called by the script, then the file was copied to said server, and then the file was run with psexec.  I haven't tried psexec with 2012, so, not sure how well that would work.

• Yes it can be scripted using silent installation method. You may contact support for further assistance.

Regards,

Aru