3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 7:44 AM by rgward

NPM Report Limitation Categories

rgward

We have cloned and customized several ootb reports.  We would like to limit the webconsole Reports view to only the custom reports and prevent our engineers from selecting the ootb reports which report results not of concern or pertinent to our organization. In Account setup there is a Report Limitation Category which provides two options in the dropdown list, Default and (no reports). I created a new sub-folder called TestReports in \Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports on the NPM server for the custom reports but I'm not seeing TestReports in the dropdown list.  What am I missing? 

• Re: NPM Report Limitation Categories
          LadaVarga

Hello rgward,

Could you please try copy some .OrionReport files to that created folder. In my case it is working. After that I can see that new Report limitation category in Manage Account.

rgward

Good thought!  I hadn't copied a file into the folder yet.  I have done that and it works for 10.5 (Prod server running 2008 R2 Server).  I now see the subfolder in Manage Accounts listed in the Report Limitation Category dropdown list.  However, it is not working in 10.6 (Development server running 2003 Server).  The subfolder is not listed in dropdown.  I guess it's time to open a support ticket. 

Using 10.5

Account Setup - Report Limitations Category 10-5 dropdown list_101413.bmp

Using 10.6

Account Setup - Report Limitations Category dropdown list_101413.bmp

Thanks for your help LadaVarga!

rgward

CORRECTION!  It is now working with 10.6.  I realized I made the change to the wrong Dev server which is running NCM 7.2 standalone, not our NPM 10.6 Dev server.  Sorry for the confusion!   Again, thanks for your help!