3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 4:36 AM by olha.zelena

On Call Now weirdness

mbwalker

I have a group configured with two calendars (Primary and Backup). When I create a calendar entry for a user in the primary calendar, the on call now view (see image below) shows the Primary engineer twice (once in a 'null' calendar and once in the correct 'Primary Calendar). The daily/weekly/monthly calendars do not have the additional entry.

oncallnow.png

I would expect That there would be just one entry for the person on the Primary Calendar and one entry for the person on the Backup Calendar (see edited image below). Is anyone else seeing this issue?

oncallnow-edit.png

Brad

• Re: On Call Now weirdness
          olha.zelena

Good day,

Seems you've found a bug.

There are several ways to reproduce it:

1. Create a calendar for a group, add some assignment for it and then remove this calendar. Doing so, calendar deleted from group, Calendar is updated as well (just disappears), but On Call remains with (null) group.

2. Create a group with 'XXX' name, add 'YYY' user, add some calendar, add assignment, remove the whole group, add a group with the same name again. As a result, all the On Calls which were created for the group with the same name will be displayed on 'On Call' now page with (null) Calendar

The only way to fix it for now is delete the whole group and create it again (with another name).

I'll report this defect and it'll be fixed in future versions.

Thanks for a good catch,

Olha

mbwalker

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering if it was something like that because I did create the group and assignments with the default calendar at first. Then I deleted all assignments and created two new calendars and deleted the default calendar. Is there no way to clear the group information from the Alert Central database after it is deleted in order to reuse the group name? I don't have an issue with deleting and recreating the group but I'd really rather keep the name as it best reflects our group within the IT department.

I know this is not something you can likely answer but, when this is corrected in a future version, do you think it will be possible to correct the issue without having to recreate the group properties?

olha.zelena

Q: Is there no way to clear the group information from the Alert Central database after it is deleted in order to reuse the group name?

A: In fact, the part on the info is deleted (Group Page info, Calendar etc.). The issue is with 'On Call Now' page.

Case 1: You have a group with some calendars and assignments and wish to create another calendars you can:

- Just rename existent calendars if assignments for new ones will be the same (click on calendar's name and update Name)

- Rename existent calendar and update assignments in it

- Delete all the assignments from the calendar before deleting it, then delete the calendar and add new one, add assignments to it

Case 2: You have a group with some calendars and assignments and wish to delete this group and create another with the same name

- Delete all the assignments related to the group

- Delete the group

- Create a new one

Case 3: You have a group with calendars and assignments, delete calendar and get (null) on 'On Call Now' (your case)

- Delete the whole group

- Create a group with another name

So, as you can see you have to delete the whole group and use another name only in case you already have (null) records on 'On Call Now' page

Q: I know this is not something you can likely answer but, when this is corrected in a future version, do you think it will be possible to correct the issue without having to recreate the group properties?

A: If you mean fix the problem not for new groups only, but also update On Call Now page (delete 'null' records) I hope yes. I'll mention it in the reported defect also.