5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 11:22 AM by ciscotejada

Alert Central - Orion NPM alerts not showing up?

jcosley

I had this working at one time...not sure what happened.  But ever since I upgraded to the latest version all that works is email alerts.  I can't get the orion NPM alerts to come across anymore  Any ideas?  I've went through the wizard...everything goes through just fine.

• Re: Alert Central - Orion NPM alerts not showing up?
          deano

I had the same issue, rebuilt and still no change. Then we managed to sus it out, we we're filtering on captured summary, it looks like it now uses the NPM alert name rather than the message written to the NPM event log.

ciscotejada

i am having the same issue as jcosley after the upgrade to 1.1.  I am not clear on deano's response.  Have you fixed your issue? and if so what did you change?

jcosley

Of course right after I started this thread...stuff magically started coming through.  I don't know what I honestly did this time.  What I know I did is went into SETTINGS - Configure Orion Alert sources - edited it - I changed the default to ASSIGNED to a TEST GROUP that I created.  Once they started shooting me emails - I just changed the alert back to Trash the alert.

deano

Yes we managed to fix it,

Originally the NPM Alert in Alert Manager was called "OOH Node Alerting", its trigger action was to write to the NetPerfMon Event Log with the message "OOH Comms Node ${NodeName} is ${Status}."

My AM configuration was to discard all NPM messages except if the captured summary contains "OOH Comms" then assign to a group.

All working fine, then I upgraded to 1.1... All alerts stopped.

Rebuilt with fresh 1.1, still no luck.

Then I said to allow all alerts, I noticed it was seeing my alerts arrive with the name of OOH Node. Previously before the upgrade it was seeing "OOH Comms Node". I changed my Alert name in Alert Manager to "OOH Comms Node Alerting" and all started working again.

Looks like it now reads based on the NPM Alert Manager Alert Name and not the name written to the NetPerfMon event log.

ciscotejada

My issue is fixed as well, but it was different from the two issues mentioned above.  I was not filtering the alerts at all, i only had routing statements to different user groups. so i was truly receiving ZERO alerts.  I looked at the linux console and ran a netstat and there were no connections open to NPM.  What I did to fix it was to delete the source and re-add it.  I kept old messages.  That seemed to work.