2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2013 8:57 AM by dsbalcau

You have exceeded the number of licenses available

dkeyser

A user just received this popup message when trying to add an array to Storage Manager. They've got 10,000 disk license and are only using 8119 so far. What should I do to fix this so we can continue adding arrays?

• Re: You have exceeded the number of licenses available
          dkeyser

Turns out that this is a licensing error. They are creating Gen 3 licenses but the version 5.3.3 is only able to accept Gen 2 licensing. After downgrading our account we are still unable to get the licensing to work since the license is for 5.3.3.4 which is still Gen 3. Support is still looking into this and will alert me when they have solved their issue.

• Re: You have exceeded the number of licenses available
              dsbalcau

Hi dkeyser,

Both 5.3.3 and 5.6.2 are on Gen2 licensing - STM has not yet moved to Gen3. Basically what's going on is that 5.6 is considered a new "major" version of the software (for various reasons not worth going into here). Somehow the license tables on our end were incorrectly populated so that when Customer Service was generating 5.3.3 keys, the system was still returning 5.6.2 keys. Anyway, the problem should be getting resolved today. Let me know if it doesn't.