5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 12:10 PM by asikhwal

Adding nodes from different sessions at the same time.

ronki

Hi,

Is it possible to add nodes with different sessions/user at the same time?

For example, Guy A is adding nodes manually (via ICMP, we are having problems right now, so we just manually add nodes), so to speed things up, Guy B wants to help Guy A add more nodes at the same time. Is it possible? Or will there be a client/database issue?

Since I tried it using two tabs on my browser to add nodes at the same time, but the 2nd one didn't register as a node because of a javascript error/warning on my browser.

TIA.

• Re: Adding nodes from different sessions at the same time.
          asikhwal

I also have the same issue if I use the same browser. Try in 2 different Browsers and if user B wants to add the same node , at the same time it error out. But if user B is trying to add different node as user A is trying. In this situation both can add 2 different nodes at a same time.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Deltona

There is a likelihood of overlap, mismatch or corruption if you are performing the same operation multiple times from the same originating session.

You should therefore use another browser. I find it amusing to imagine how two people would be using the same browser

Scott Sadlocha

One of the very first times I entered multiple nodes years ago I found out the hard way that entering through multiple tabs is a bad idea. We had a discussion somewhere on the forums about this a while back. In my situation, a node's information on Tab 2 overwrote information for the node on Tab 1. This has to do with the way session information is stored in a browser. After that, I made it a point not to ever enter two nodes at the same time, even with different browsers on the same machine. This was just a personal preference.

As for two different users on different machines, that should work, though I never actually tested it directly. I have been in situations where another user added nodes in my environment the same time I was editing a node, and I didn't see issues. But we were not specifically testing it. I only found out after the fact. Being that the DB is on a SQL backend, I believe it would be fine as SQL would most likely manage deadlocks.

The only issues come from stored browser session information--that is the main item to keep in mind.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                ronki

Thank you for the reply guys.

My main question was two users with different computers using the same admin account adding nodes at the same time (Not the same node/ip).

We tested it and it works.