This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can I link to a particular Request Type form?

My institution has been using Web Help Desk for several months now and the self-service ticket is great but for one thing: clients have to browse through the request-types to find the correct type and sub-type for their issue. Given that we provide a wide range of services it can be difficult for clients to find the correct request-type. I want to provide links throughout our various services that take our users right to the correct request-type that relates to that service. For example, in our website-management screens we'd provide a link right to the Web Help Desk form for the "Software and Web Tools" --> "Drupal How-To" request-type; similarly on our login page, we'd put "help" links in the sidebar that take the user right to the Web Help Desk form for the "Passwords and PINs" --> "Password Reset" request-type.

What clients see now:

Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 11.31.56 AM.png

What I want them to see when following a link to a particular request-type:

Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 11.32.22 AM.png

Because the form is built with AJAX requests when the Request Type is changed, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to build a link that would take the client right to the form with the correct Request Type selected.

Are there parameters that can be passed in the URL to link to a particular Request Type form? If not, is there some other way of getting users directly to the form with a particular Request Type selected?

Thanks for your assistance,

Adam