2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 6:20 AM by stepan.husak

Bugreport: getting error when trying to open an alert

mr_mpibpc

Hey Alert Central is a great product! I hope this is the right platform to submit a bug. When opening an alert of a specific type (an email message of the program SuperFlexibleFilesyncronizer) im getting the attached error. So how to proceed? Maybe the error handling coul be improved to get a more meaningful error message, too (this is a feature request).

• Re: Bugreport: getting error when trying to open an alert
          stepan.husak

Hi.

can you post an original message (or fwd this email me at stepan.husak[a]solarwinds.com) that causing the problem, so we can try to reproduce this behavior?

Regards,

Stepan Husak

• Re: Bugreport: getting error when trying to open an alert
            stepan.husak

I run circles around your bug, but still can't reproduce it...

my suggestions:

- as we have some problems with handling <html> messages in old version, try do deselect option "HTML Email" in SuperFileSynchronizer email configurations.

fileSyncEmail.png

- I think problem can be in character encoding (additional deutsch umlauts in your case). Can you change language to English in SuperFS preferences and check if result is the same?

- can your reproduce bug if you send the same message, with the same header, with the same attachments to AlertCentral but from email client (like Outlook, for example)? Or it must be SuperFS?

Regards,

Stepan Husak