26 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 1:01 PM by Patrick Hubbard

SCP taken and passed

bluefunelemental

The exam guide along with real-world experience was good prep for the SCP exam. All questions well written and a good balance of npm vs basic network troubleshooting.

Good times.

• Re: SCP taken and passed
          brianwhelton

Well done!

reklov77

Congratulations!

omermushtaq

Can you tell me how you prepare for the exam. I downloaded the SCP exam guide from SolarWind website. And I have basic knowledge of networking. Can you help in passing this exam??

dblavos

I just took it a week ago, and it was a different kind of test.  I'm used to Cisco tests which are very dry and direct.  I felt the SCP made me think a little bit on each question.  If you have a good knowledge of troubleshooting networks, as well as some project management skills it will all come into play on the test.  I prepared by going through all the videos available, as well as this overview helped prep me up a lot:  SCP exam overview - my perspective | thwack

Study up, take the practice test on here:  SCP_Exam_Prep_Guide.pdf | thwack and see how you do.   If you're in the 85%+ I'd say go ahead and go for it.

Good luck!

omermushtaq

I have passed the SOLAR WINDS CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL EXAM

Patrick Hubbard

Welcome new SCP holders!  Congratulations on passing your exam- it's quite a challenge and marks your expertise with not just SolarWinds NPM, but network performance monitoring in general.  We're amazed by the continued outpouring of excitement.  Many of you have sent me photos of you and your welcome kit and they're always a pleasure to receive.

For those who are new to the program, here are a couple of general tips:

1. Your certificate is valid for 5 years.  You may renew it and even keep the same SCP number (although the validation number will change).
                    2. Your validation number should be kept private, and appears only on the certificate itself and in the email we send you.  Please do not share it.  Also, we will not communicate through any 3rd parties.  Communication for all aspects of the program are only between the applicant and the Certification Office.
                    3. Once you receive the exam completion email containing your SCP number and verification code you are officially SCP certified.  Your welcome kit is not required to enjoy full benefits of SCP certification, such as the thwack badge or LinkedIn group membership.
                    4. Your email address for this program is not used by any other SolarWinds programs, and we recommend using one that will go with you if you change jobs.
                    5. The SCP program office is open M-F, 9:00-5:00 US Central time excluding standard US holidays.  Once you have received your welcome email with test site credentials you may take the exam at any time you choose.  However, program registration and exam review take place only during SCP program office hours.
                    6. We're pleased that the vast majority of applicants approach the program with excitement, diligence and integrity.  Ongoing psychometric analysis of the results and manual review of every passed exam occasionally detects irregularities.  If we determine that a candidate did not honestly pass the exam, we may withhold certification.  (Again this has happened in only a handful of cases).
                    7. Once your exam is reviewed and you're certified, you'll receive an email requesting shipping address verification.  After you return it, we batch your shipment into a queue for fulfillment Monday afternoon.
                    8. Your welcome kit will contain a signed and framed certificate to replace the temporary .PDF example on the test site.
                    9. We're happy to cover all shipping costs for successful applicants and we do everything possible to assure delivery of your kit.  However, the number #1 cause of delivery issues, especially for international shipments, is incorrect shipping address information.  Please ensure your address is correct!
                    10. Once we send your shipment notification and tracking information, it's your responsibility to contact the post office in your country to make any changes if you discover a mistake, tracking stalls, you're unavailable, etc. 

Thanks for the great questions on the program, and congratulations again on your success with the exam!  As always, for questions please contact certification@solarwinds.com

omermushtaq

I have passed my SCP exam. My SCP# 3323. Yesterday I got mail from certification@solarwinds.com regarding the delivery of my welcome kit. The tracking number of USPS mentioned in mail is FAKE. And it was claimed in mail that I HAVE RECEIVED MY WELCOME KIT. How can this be possible in just 3 days. I am living in Pakistan and delivery status shows that welcome kit has been delivered to AUSTRALIA????????? Amazing fact is the delivery date which is Feb 22, 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its totally insane. Can anyone help me in this regard.

omermushtaq

I have passed my SCP exam. My SCP# 3323. Yesterday I got mail from certification@solarwinds.com regarding the delivery of my welcome kit. The tracking number of USPS mentioned in mail is FAKE. And it was claimed in mail that I HAVE RECEIVED MY WELCOME KIT. How can this be possible in just 3 days. I am living in Pakistan and delivery status shows that welcome kit has been delivered to AUSTRALIA????????? Amazing fact is the delivery date which is Feb 22, 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its totally insane. Can anyone help me in this regard.

robertcbrowning

Hi,

Just passed the SCP for the 3rd time, the beta as a Prometric, then a Prometric renewal and now an online renewal. I have been very pleased every time and the excitement does not diminish with the quantity.

My Cert and mug (thank you) arrived today and a note with it gives the SCP portal as www.solarwinds.com/certification, but in the past it has been a CertMetric page. I can’t find a portal login button on the SW page and the CM page returns a 404. What is the correct URL for the SCP certification portal?

And thanks again