2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 9:32 AM by 802jr

Getting IPAM Nodes tranferred into NPM

802jr

NPMI was wondering if there is a quick and easy method of importing a subnet of hosts that are in IPAM into NPM. Also if one group is in charge of installing new hosts and systems but another group is charge of maintaing the newly installed systems, does each group have to add what they want to monitor? Can the group installing the systems, which they keep track of using IPAM, just somehow tranffer the nodes over the NPM?

• Re: Getting IPAM Nodes tranferred into NPM
          bluefunelemental

Sure but for what you would like you should look to see if there is a feature request and if not add one for this feature - it's just like the one for UDT-NPM integration.

otherwise you can create a report that returns just the IP address or maybe better hostname (if all are in dns) and copy-paste into NPM discovery tool.

You could get fancy and write a swis api push to add node from each ip details page- not sure how you would secure an average joe from clicking the link though 

• Re: Getting IPAM Nodes tranferred into NPM
              802jr

Thanks, as soon as posted this question that is exactly what I did. I manually entered the subnet that was in IPAM into the Discovery Tool and I had my nodes in NPM. I will play around with it and maybe I can figure something more automatically like you are suggesting. Thanks a gain for your reply.

1 of 1 people found this helpful