2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 6:08 PM by nicole pauls

Move filter into group?

ttl

I have created a Group within the Monitor screen. I'm trying to move some similar filters into it. However, while I can click and drag filters into an order, I can't get them into the group. There is also no way to select a filter, click on the gear icon and "Send To" the group, nor is there a way to click on the Group, click the gear icon and create them there. How can I get filters into a group??

• Re: Move filter into group?
          ttl

Anyone?  Beuller... Beuller... Beuller...

• Re: Move filter into group?
              nicole pauls

Two ways:

1. When creating a NEW filter that you want in a group, click on the group header (orange), then click + to add a filter.
              2. Drag and drop. You can see the orange/blue lines and arrows indicate which "level" it's going to drop into (inside/outside the group)

So, in testing this myself, I think I found a bug, which is probably what you are hitting. I had to do #1 before I did #2 - I had to create a group, create a "test" filter in that group by clicking on the group, then I could drag other filters into the group.

Let me know if that's the same thing you're running into and I'll get a bug filed. All the things you think should work SHOULD work, but seem to not until there's another filter in the group first.