This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Move filter into group?

I have created a Group within the Monitor screen. I'm trying to move some similar filters into it. However, while I can click and drag filters into an order, I can't get them into the group. There is also no way to select a filter, click on the gear icon and "Send To" the group, nor is there a way to click on the Group, click the gear icon and create them there. How can I get filters into a group??

• Anyone?  Beuller... Beuller... Beuller...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to ttl

Two ways:

1. When creating a NEW filter that you want in a group, click on the group header (orange), then click + to add a filter.
    2. Drag and drop. You can see the orange/blue lines and arrows indicate which "level" it's going to drop into (inside/outside the group)

So, in testing this myself, I think I found a bug, which is probably what you are hitting. I had to do #1 before I did #2 - I had to create a group, create a "test" filter in that group by clicking on the group, then I could drag other filters into the group.

Let me know if that's the same thing you're running into and I'll get a bug filed. All the things you think should work SHOULD work, but seem to not until there's another filter in the group first.