This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help setting up Adv Alert for Custom Set of Nodes

Hi all,

I need to setup an alert for about 50 custom nodes, that send out an email when the node goes down and comes back up again. It's very easy to do in Basic Alerts, I just check which nodes I want to monitor. However, I also need alert escalation. It appears I cannot do this in Basic Alerts. How do I select specific nodes in advanced alerts like I would in basic alerts?

Thanks in advance!

James.

• You could individually enumerate each node you want to alert on in the alert criteria, or perhaps create a Custom Property and alert if the Custom property contains some arbitrary text. See page 323 in admin guide for more details on this.

• Thanks Rob.I'll take a look at the admin guide. Individually assigning alerts to 50 separate nodes seems like too much work than it needs to be, considering how easy this is to accomplish in basic alerts. Such a shame escalations aren't available in Basic alerts or this would be a pretty easy task!

Thanks again!