6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2013 12:39 PM by rick_smith_tech

File Analysis of VNX Celerra

rick_smith_tech

We are experiencing issues with the file analysis of our VNX celerra.  Everything is configured correct and the scanning starts and completes about 4-5 folders then the rest terminate.  Here is an event we get.

1WarningNot Acknowledged40207.130.176.144Tek Toolstektools-trapsshareAccessErrorPotential Share Access ErrorshareIPAddress = 207.130.176.144
      proxyIPAddress = 207.130.176.71
      shareName = newatproject
      errorMsg = No files found for this share, check permissions.
      shareIPAddress = 207.130.176.144
      proxyIPAddress = 207.130.176.71
      shareName = newatproject
      errorMsg = No files found for this share, check permissions.
      tt-traps.1000.10 = 108
      Check to ensure that the proxy agent, which sent this trap has the appropriate permissions to access the specified share.3306/06/2013 20:19:4708/09/2013 07:59:45

Any ideas?

• Re: File Analysis of VNX Celerra
          bmrad

Rick

Generally that error means

1) The agent can't access the share.  It may be able to see the share, but not actually access the files on the share.

2) There are no files on the share.

Try logging into a server with the same credentials you are using on the agent, then try to access the share and see if you can browse the files.  If you can't, its a permission issues. If you can, validate that there are actually files on the share.  If everything looks good (you can access the share and there are files there), then open a case with support.

rick_smith_tech

I am using the nasadmin account from the control station.  Should I be

using something different?  There are files in the shares.  We have a

couple thousand shares and it is only working on about 4.

Thanks,

Rick Smith

Confidentiality Notice:

This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the party or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and erase all information and attachments.

dsbalcau

Hi Rick,

It's unclear from your response if you actually attempted to go browse the shares manually. Did you try this with the nasadmin account you mentioned? This looks like a permissions problem (or a no files to analyze problem) from your description.

rick_smith_tech

I am actually using the credentials for the EMC. Everything is filled in correct and partially works.  I cleared the ent_fa_stat table and changed the account to root.  How do I manually kick off the scanning again to see if the issue still occurs.

:
                      :
                      :
                      :nasadmin
                      : password here
                      :
                      :
                      :
                      :
                      :
                      :
                      Available :Selected :