This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Foward to syslog or SIEM

Is there a way to foward all messages that are in the netperfmon event log to an external sylslog server or Siem Tool. I know you can add this as an action in advance alerting but I want to foward all the messages in the netperfmon event log

• hi Jeffrey,

can you tell me why are you trying to do? NPM can re-send syslog traps as they come. there is currently no tool how to re-send existing logs in bulk as syslog but that could be solved via some workaround. But I'd like to understand the use case bit better.

thanks,

Michal

• Michal,

we have recently purchased a SIEM tool. We currently send Syslog messages to the SIEM from a variety of systems. I was looking for a way that I could have all of the events that show up in the NetPerMon Event log forwarded using the syslog protocol to the SIEM tool. I know I could modify each individual alert in alert manager and add an action of foward to syslog. This would be quite combersome to acomplish.

Jeff