6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2013 2:56 AM by uners

Event ID 110 No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available (Local)

uners

Hello NG,

I come from this site http://forums.dameware.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3065 , which resulted in opening a support case.

Our systems experience lots of the following error entries in Windows event viewer, application log:

##################################################################
      Error:
      DameWare Mini Remote Control
      No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available (Local).

System Error: 0
      System Message: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

(srv 64 bit)
      ##################################################################

We want to get rid of the messages. Can you help?

Our Dameware version is 7.5.9.0, we run Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1 fully patched. Our systems have IPv6 disabled in properties of the NIC configurations.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Bob

• Re: Event ID 110 No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available (Local)
          Lawrence Garvin

No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available (Local).

The above is an IPv6 issue, and is most likely due to the methodology by which you have "disabled" IPv6.

Please refer to this Microsoft KB929852 for the proper methdology to disable IPv6 and then check DameWare again.

uners

Hi LGarvin,

thanks for your reply.

I followed the Microsoft KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852/en-us and created key  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents. So the IPv6 is completely disabled.

However, the event viewer error persists.

Are there further steps to comply?

Regards,

Bob

Lawrence Garvin

And you did this on both systems... the one running DameWare and the one you're trying to connect to?

Beyond that, this is something for support to look into, as suggested in the thread last October.

Generally speaking, the idea that no "link-local"or "site-local" cloud is available is probably an accurate indication, unless you have implemented a fully functioning IPv6 network. Since you'd indicated that IPv6 was already "disabled", my guess is that's not the case. The question then becomes: What is triggering the attempt to find an IPv6 network.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      uners

LGarvin schrieb:

And you did this on both systems... the one running DameWare and the one you're trying to connect to?

The error occurs not exclusively on connection trial, but also on system (re)start. So, - I guess - generally it has nothing to do with the connecting client.

The only way to get rid of the "No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available" error seems to be activating IPv6 on the NIC settings. The DisabledComponents registry key doesn't help. You still get the error:

{CODE}

Error:
                      No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available (Unique).

System Error: 0
                      System Message: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

(srv 64 bit)

{/CODE}

Unfortunately there are more errors regarding dwmrcs - and they still occur having IPv6 completely activated:

{CODE}

Error:

Error setsockopt (IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP)

System Error: 10065

System Message: Der Host war bei einem Socketvorgang nicht erreichbar.

(srv 64 bit) 

{/CODE}

(And there's also the IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP error)

As far as I've investigated these messages refer to Multicast.

LGarvin, I think you're right - it would be a support case - but we're out of maintenace, so they redirected me to the forum.

Well, thank you very much, there doesn't seem to be a solution apart from changing the remote connection tool.

Lawrence Garvin

The only way to get rid of the "No Link-Local or Site-Local Cloud Available" error seems to be activating IPv6 on the NIC settings.

That makes perfect sense. Disabling the IPv6 settings on the NIC is an improper way to achieve that objective, and does cause application-level issues related to IPv6 connection attempts. Some additional background on this topic is available.

LGarvin, I think you're right - it would be a support case - but we're out of maintenace, so they redirected me to the forum.

Bummer.

Another possibility... after disabling IPv6 on the system, reboot, uninstall DameWare, reboot, reinstall DameWare.

It's always possible that the application has latched onto some IPv6 stuff that was there during installation, but won't work after being disabled (but the application doesn't actually know that).

I'll see if I can get some generic feedback on what is known about legacy DameWare interactions with IPv6.

1 of 1 people found this helpful