Already worked around this one, but have a new request where differing limitations on tabs would really be awesome right now....anyone?
I realize this is a 5 year old request, but I'm hoping to "reinvigorate" the idea (@bumpsquad). Can this be done now in 12.2? I didn't see an FR, is there one? I'm happy to create one...
I never got it done, but it may be possible. Create away, professor!
4 of 4 people found this helpful
I had the same issue lots of times, and yes, there is a way to create different limitations to different tabs of the same view, but you will have to get your hands dirty at the database level (I'm sure it is not a problem for you).
Step by step:
- Create different views with the different limitations. These views can be empty, we just need to create the limitation definition
- Go to the database and get the limitation ID. You will have to identify the SQL query behind the limitation in order to find the ID:
- select * from limitations
- Create the view with all the tabs you want/need
- Grab the viewID
- Go to the database again and modify the views table:
- Find the viewID and modify the column limitation with the appropiate limitation ID
Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses
Nice workaround, Raul! Thank you.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Just a heads up, in case it isn't obvious, after you do the db edits you can't touch anything in the GUI relating the the view limitations for any tab on the view or it will undo the db changes. I've used this technique with clients in the past and despite clear warning not to touch it a few months later I get an email saying "hey remember that dashboard you made us, it stopped working"
Good tip - thank you.