You can edit scope of the trends which are used on default EC2 dashboard.
- Go to Explore > Content, filter content by type and check Trends
- Search for ec2 keyword so you get list of all ec2 trends.
- Edit the scope of related trends: click Configure and in the Scope section > Search query add the following subquery "AND vm.datacenter.name:<name_of_your_datacenter>"
- Save updated trend as the new one
- Repeat step 2 - 4 for ebs keyword
- Edit widgets on EC2 dashboard so you assign your newly created datacenter restricted trends to all widgets.
Adding other cloud cost providers could be an interesting feature in some of future versions. Thanks for your feedback.
thank you that worked great.
Just some feedback. it would be nice if there was an easy way to filter the dashboards, so you could just flip back and forth with the filters, not have to create a new widget for each filter.
VMAN Leodegrance will be the first release which offers the integration with Orion product. This will bring the possibility to view VMAN data in an Orion way, so users wil be able to easily filter the resources (resources are equivalent to VMANs widgets) according to the selected config item (datacenter in your case). The integration is ongoing process and unfortunately the cloud cost computing won't be be a part of the Orion integration in Leodegrace release. Anyway I will create a feature request.
thanks, we don't have orion, so I don't think that will help