This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patch Manager Update Error: Update retrieval failed invalid criteria string

Just wanted to see if anyone has had this error. I am currently evaluating Patch Manager and ran into an issue when attempting to patch a Windows 2003 R2 Server.

The WMI Providers installed fine and I can get connectivity, but if I try to run the Update Wizard I get this error:

Computer: SLANW55317-03-1.XXX.XXXX.XXX

Operation: Install

Object: Update retrieval failed

Details: invalid criteria string

If I go to Computer Explorer and choose the "Windows Update History" tab I get more data in the form of a stack trace:

Device: SLANW55317-03-1.MSKCC.ROOT.MSKCC.ORG

Details: Win32_WUAUpdateHistoryEntry

Exception occurred at 7/26/2013 8:58:21 AM: System.InvalidCastException

The credential used to connect was mskcc\das

Stack Trace:    at EminentWare.DataQueryAdapters.WQLDataBase.ExecuteSelect(String sWQL, WQLResultSet resultset)

at EminentWare.DataQueryAdapters.WQLDataBase.Execute(String sCmd, WQLResultSet& resultset, WMISelectQuery helperqry)

at EminentWare.DataQueryAdapters.WQLCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)

at EminentWare.DataQueryAdapters.WQLDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet ds, String classname, WQLConnection connection)

at EminentWare.DataQueryAdapters.WMIQueryDataSet.Execute(String xmlresultsfile)

Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, does anyone know the fix? The product seems like something that will work for my needs but if I cant get past this then it won't be of any use since I do have several 2003 servers that I can't get rid of just yet.

Oh and I am running the product on Windows Server 2012 using WSUS & SQL Express that gets installed with the product,

Thanks.