6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 3:16 PM by kppit2013

FTP Voyager/Scheduler v16..Need Help Please!

kppit2013

Hi All. I upgraded by FTP Voyager/Scheduler from v13 to v16. The interface I like along with the stability but I am having issues galore. So I'll post some and see what I get back. The questions below assume it worked fine in v13 and isn't or is doing something different in v16.

1) My downloads from Unix to Windows used ASCII and was fine. Now the CR (carriage returns) are being stripped and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. In global and profile options I have tried all 3 transfer modes. The file is still stripped.

2) My scheduler actions I have just the file to download and the local path I could use the variables for dates and also rename it from there. Now, if I use a variable or rename in that local path line, it creates a folder with the dates variables and put the file in side unchanged. <- driving me crazy.

3) Many jobs were failing saying "path not found" which I learned has to be the absolute path now. Is this true?

Any help with these would be great. I have had to write a bunch of batch files for temporary use until I can figure out how to make Voyager do it [again] like it has been.

Thanks all

• Re: FTP Voyager/Scheduler v16..Need Help Please!
          Peter Krutý

Hi kppit2013,

let me check with our engineering, if there were changes to the behavior and where is best to start troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Peter

dbladorn

Hi kppit2013,

1)  I tried to recreate your issue using Solaris and its built-in FTP service.  I adjusted the FTP Voyager "Transfer Mode" under "Options | Connection | Transfer Mode" to ASCII or BINARY and both options work as expected (i.e., the [CR] character is inserted or otherwise left alone).  What UNIX OS are you running?  And what FTP server/service are you using on it?

kppit2013

Hi dbladorn,

Thanks for helping. Yes, it should be as easy as that. In fact this was working until I upgraded to v16. The server it's coming from I'm unsure of but a UNIX based OS. I've been making a lot of changes trying to fix things and they don't seem to take, like the rename option. I must be just completely missing something. Maybe I make an adjustment and then  reboot the server. (lol) But seriously this is just crazy.

I am using Voyager on Server 2003, with an existing site profile setup to download a file from a UNIX server. No matter what I change it still comes down stripped. It looks like there are a few places that need to be configured, maybe I don't have them correct. i.e. Global setting, Site Settings, check the boxed in File Handling... I just don't know. I do know the files came down with CR until I upgraded.

dbladorn

Hi kppit2013,

3)  FTP Voyager Scheduler stopped supporting relative paths with the release of version 16.

dbladorn

Hi kppit2013,

2)  I've added some screenshots of my setup which should allow the rename feature to work.  I admit, I got caught with the same issue where scheduler would create the local folder and then download the remote files into it.  I'll try to walk you through the screenshots below:

1. Launch the "Scheduler Site Profiles".
                  2. Click on the "Advanced Options" of the profile you would like to modify.
                  3. Enable the "Automatic Rename" feature under the "File Handling" section.
                  4. Add an "Automatic Rename" rule under the "Auto Rename" section.
                  5. Test in FTP Voyager to make sure it works as expected.
                  6. Create a "Download" task in Scheduler and make sure the remote path has a '*' after the directory path (this is where I got caught with scheduler creating that directory).  Then specify the local path of where to download the files to.
                  7. Execute the task and verify the results.

image_png.png

thwack-kppit2013-2.png

kppit2013

I surely do appreciate this. It sheds some light on it to where I may be able to work with this. The only problem is here I can't test like in step 5 because I have this crazy problem I put in another discussion where I hit connect and it looks through trying to connect saying unable to change to folder "/xxxxxxx  where xxxxx is my home directory. I can use another FTP program with the same setup and get in just fine. I'm at a loss on that one.