26 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 3:56 PM by matt.hill

Modify a top ten display to include a downtime count

masonstryker

Hello! I would like to modify the realtime displays of any node that may be down to include a 'downtime counter' so that in once quick glance not only am I seeing the node down, I'm seeing how long it has been down for. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you!cust

• Re: Modify a top ten display to include a downtime count
          mezdem

You can create a custom report using the writer on the orion server.

The sql would be similar to this, but remember to format the fields to use the 'gif' as a status icon etc.

This can then be added as a custom report to your homepage/top 10 page etc.

select NodeID,IP_Address,Caption, Status, StatusLED, LastSystemUpTimePollUtc, DATEDIFF(hh,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE()) as HoursDown

from nodes

where StatusLED = 'down.gif'

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              masonstryker

Mezdem, is there an easy way to include minutes down as well?

mezdem

How about something like this, you can choose how you display..

select NodeID,IP_Address,Caption, Status, StatusLED, LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,

DATEDIFF(mi,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE()) % 60 as MinsDown,

DATEDIFF(hh,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE())% 24 as HoursDown,

DATEDIFF(d,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE()) as DaysDown,

--OR

convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(d,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE())) + ':' +

convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(hh,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE())% 24 ) + ':'+

convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(mi,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE()) % 60) as 'DD:HH:MM:SS',

--OR

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(d,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE()))) + ' Days ' +

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(hh,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE())% 24 )) + ' Hours '+

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(mi,LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,GETDATE()) % 60)) + ' Mins ' as 'DD:HH:MM:SS'

from nodes

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                      mezdem

although i am not quite sure that is correct looking at it again... i may need to revisit this

masonstryker

That was perfect - everything I need in one script. Thank you!

rgward

Thanks mezdem.  Just what I was looking for.  However, how can I change the sql to work for my timezone (GMT -5)?

mezdem

hmm not really had to convert this before personally... but maybe something along the lines of the below?

SELECT

DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc)AS ColumnInLocalTime ,

.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc as LastSystemUpTimePollUtc

FROM Nodes

mezdem

providing your sql servers local time is set to GMT-5 then your Getdate() will be correct and then just diff this from the UTC date.#

--change all the 'LastSystemUpTimePollUtc' in code to 'DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc)'

select NodeID,IP_Address,Caption, Status, StatusLED, LastSystemUpTimePollUtc,

DATEDIFF(mi,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()) % 60 as MinsDown,

DATEDIFF(hh,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE())% 24 as HoursDown,

DATEDIFF(d,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()) as DaysDown,

--OR

convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(d,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE())) + ':' +

convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(hh,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE())% 24 ) + ':'+

convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(mi,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()) % 60) as 'DD:HH:MM:SS',

--OR

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(d,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()))) + ' Days ' +

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(hh,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE())% 24 )) + ' Hours '+

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(mi,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), Nodes.LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()) % 60)) + ' Mins ' as 'DD:HH:MM:SS'

from nodes

rgward

Worked perfect!  Thanks so much! 

rgward

mezdem,

Hope you can help on this?  I just noticed that the result down time is 1 hour off.  If the node is down only 15 min the result for DD:HH:MM:SS is reported as 0 Days 1 Hours 15 Mins.  Any thoughts?

SELECT StatusLED

, NodeID

, Caption

, Status

, DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), LastSystemUpTimePollUtc) AS LastSystemUpTimePoll

,convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(d,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()))) + ' Days ' +

convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(hh,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE())% 24 )) + ' Hours '+convert(varchar(10), (DATEDIFF(mi,DATEADD(mi, DATEDIFF(mi, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), LastSystemUpTimePollUtc),GETDATE()) % 60)) + ' Mins ' as 'DD:HH:MM:SS'

From Nodes

WHERE StatusLED = 'down.gif'

ORDER BY 6 desc

mezdem

hi yep sorry i thought it was a little out, i have since found a better way of doing this. i have this in the ncm content sharing zone under `availability reports`. i will get the sql for u as soon as i can.

mezdem

i think this works! run them next to each other and see if ok for u! working on my nexus 10 tablet so copy and paste is fun!

SELECT statusled, nodeid, caption, status,

CONVERT(varchar(6), convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(ss,lastsystemuptimepollutc, GETUTCDATE())) /86400)+ ' Days '

+ RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(6), (convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(ss,lastsystemuptimepollutc, GETUTCDATE())) %86400)/3600),2)

+ ' Hours ' + RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(2), (convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(ss,lastsystemuptimepollutc, GETUTCDATE()))  % 3600) / 60), 2)

+ ' Minutes ' + RIGHT('0' + CONVERT(varchar(2), convert(varchar(10), DATEDIFF(ss,lastsystemuptimepollutc, GETUTCDATE()))  % 60), 2)+ ' Seconds'

as DownTime

From Nodes

WHERE StatusLED = 'down.gif'

mezdem

basically this is a lot simpler, convert the time difference between now and last poll of the node, converted into seconds. then you can easily convert the seconds into downtime - or uptime as i use for our monthly and quarterley availability stats..

Does this work rgward?

rgward

mezdem, your code worked great.  Thanks for your help!   I didn't need the seconds conversion so I stripped that off.

Now, I have one last date issue I can't seem to get to work.  I have a custompoller which returns date string in format mm/dd/yy that I need to select only records with dates greater than 3 years old.  This is what I've tried and a couple other ways but is not filtering dates older than 3 years.  Can you help?

WHERE CustomPollerStatus.Status < CONVERT(varchar(8), DATEADD(year,-3,getdate()), 1))

mezdem

glad it works! I took the seconds off also!!

re the custom poller, i have never queried that field always use the historical data.

But this works on mine... might need tweaking for pollerID etc

select *,

convert(datetime,CustomPollerStatus.Status),

DATEADD(year,-3,getdate())

from dbo.CustomPollerStatus

WHERE

convert(datetime,CustomPollerStatus.Status) < DATEADD(year,-3,getdate())

and

CustomPollerAssignmentID ='c805c80a-b53f-4dd8-91f4-00ba3344ac04'

marunderwood

If your comparing varchar datetime's, you'll want them formatted as YYYYMMDDSS. This might help http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187928.aspx to choose the correct format.  Perhaps 111 is needed, instead of 1.

rgward

mezdem,

When I apply your suggestions, SQL throws the error "The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.".

If I omit the code changes marked in bold the report executes as expected for all nodes.

Here is the complete SQL.  This may help better understand what I'm trying to do.

SELECT Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID

, Caption AS NodeName

, Nodes.Modal AS Modal

, CustomPollerAssignment.AssignmentName AS Assignment

, CustomPollers.UniqueName AS PollerName

, CONVERT(datetime,CustomPollerStatus.Status) AS ReplacementDate

FROM CustomPollerStatus

JOIN CustomPollerAssignment ON CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID

JOIN CustomPollers ON CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID

JOIN Nodes ON (Nodes.NodeId = CustomPollerAssignment.NodeId)

WHERE ((CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'APCupsBasicBatteryLastReplaceDate')

AND CONVERT(datetime, CustomPollerStatus.Status) < CONVERT(varchar(8), DATEADD(year,-3,getdate()), 1))

AND CONVERT(datetime, CustomPollerStatus.Status) < DATEADD(year,-3,getdate())

Edit:  pasted the wrong statement...corrected statement.

Manilyn Ramos

Hi, I'm confused on how you format the status ICON. I was trying to create a report where I concatenated the VendorIcon as well as the Vendor fields. However, the output was 311.gifWindows  

matt.hill

HI,

This is almost perfect, but I can't get the results I want. I want to apply a filter, but I don't know SQL very well. This is the filter I'd like to apply, but I can't seem to get the syntax right.

(caption not like 'kd*') AND (Device_Type!='Printer') AND (status <>9) AND (MachineType not like 'Cradle*')

I'm assuming status <> 9 is redundant with the "

WHERE StatusLED = 'down.gif'"