This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to use queryxml like a trigger from Advance Alerts?

I am trying to replicate an existing advance alert trigger using queryxml using the c# sample provided in the SDK.

Ultimately I am wanting to query Orion database and store the results in a local database to be used by another program to create tickets.

This code works when querying only one table:

void Main()

const string hostname = "*********";

const string username = "***********";

const string password = "***********";

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = (sender, certificate, chain, errors) => true;

var client = new InformationServiceClient("BasicHttpBinding_InformationService",

string.Format("https://{0}:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/OrionBasic", hostname));

var result = client.QueryXml("SELECT TOP 1 A.AlertDefID, A.ActiveObject, A.ObjectType, A.Acknowledged, A.AcknowledgedBy, A.AcknowledgedTime, A.TriggerTimeOffset, A.TriggerTimeStamp FROM Orion.AlertStatus A WHERE A.Acknowledged = 0 RETURN XML AUTO", null);

//var result = client.QueryXml("SELECT I.FullName, ic.ASSYST_CSG, ic.Assyst_short_code, ic.InterfaceID, I.NodeID, N.DNS, N.IPAddress, N.IPAddressType, N.MachineType, N.Status AS Node_Status, N.StatusDescription AS Node_Description, I.Status As Interface_Status, I.StatusDescription AS Interface_Description, nc.PassivePoll FROM Orion.NPM.InterfacesCustomProperties ic INNER JOIN Orion.NPM.Interfaces I ON (ic.InterfaceID = I.InterfaceID) INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes N ON (I.NodeID = N.NodeID) INNER JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties nc ON (nc.NodeID = N.NodeID) WHERE  (  (I.Status <> '1') AND   (I.Status <> '4') AND   (I.Status <> '9') AND  (I.InterfaceName <> 'VPN') AND  (ic.Assyst_Short_Code <> 'NONE') AND  (nc.PassivePoll <> 'YES') AND  (ic.ASSYST_CSG <> 'CORE')) ");

var element = result.XPathSelectElement("//*[local-name()='A']");

var alert = new AlertInfo

"AlertDefID").Value,

"ActiveObject").Value,

"ObjectType").Value,

"Acknowledged").Value,

"AcknowledgedBy").Value,

"AcknowledgedTime").Value,

"TriggerTimeOffset").Value,

"TriggerTimeStamp").Value,

var alerts = new[] {alert};

var dcs = new DataContractSerializer(alerts.GetType());

var doc = new XmlDocument();

using (var writer = doc.CreateNavigator().AppendChild())

/*

//Console.Write(result2);

Console.WriteLine("Alert Def ID: " + alert.AlertDefID);

Console.WriteLine("Active Object: " + alert.ActiveObject);

Console.WriteLine("Object Type: " + alert.ObjectType);

Console.WriteLine("Acknowledged: " + alert.Acknowledged);

Console.WriteLine("Acknowleged by: " + alert.AcknowledgedBy);

Console.WriteLine("AcknowledgedTime: " + alert.AcknowledgedTime);

Console.WriteLine("TriggerTimeOffset: " + alert.TriggerTimeOffset);

Console.WriteLine("TriggerTimeStamp: " + alert.TriggerTimeStamp);

Console.ReadLine();

DataContract(Name = "AlertInfo", Namespace = "http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2008/Orion")]

public class AlertInfo

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 1)]

public string AlertDefID { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 2)]

public string ActiveObject { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 3)]

public string ObjectType { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 4)]

public string Acknowledged { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 5)]

public string AcknowledgedBy { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 6)]

public string AcknowledgedTime { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 7)]

public string TriggerTimeOffset { get; set; }

DataMember(IsRequired = true, Order = 8)]

public string TriggerTimeStamp { get; set; }

static IEnumerable<XElement> ElementsAnyNS(this XElement source, string localName)

return source.Elements().Where(e => e.Name.LocalName == localName);

public static XElement ElementAnyNS(this XElement source, string localName)

return source.Elements().FirstOrDefault(e => e.Name.LocalName == localName);

However I am wanting to replace the current Query with :

SELECT I.FullName, ic.ASSYST_CSG, ic.Assyst_short_code, ic.InterfaceID, I.NodeID, N.DNS, N.IPAddress, N.IPAddressType, N.MachineType, N.Status AS Node_Status, N.StatusDescription AS Node_Description, I.Status As Interface_Status, I.StatusDescription AS Interface_Description, nc.PassivePoll

FROM Orion.NPM.InterfacesCustomProperties ic

INNER JOIN Orion.NPM.Interfaces I

ON (ic.InterfaceID = I.InterfaceID)

INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes N

ON (I.NodeID = N.NodeID)

INNER JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties nc

ON (nc.NodeID = N.NodeID)

WHERE 

(

(I.Status <> '1') AND

(I.Status <> '4') AND

(I.Status <> '9') AND

(I.InterfaceName <> 'VPN') AND

(ic.Assyst_Short_Code <> 'NONE') AND

(nc.PassivePoll <> 'YES') AND

(ic.ASSYST_CSG <> 'CORE')

)

and when I do, the code does not work, is it possible to replicate the advance alert manager using the SDK to suit the required query (above)?

Thank you

• What kind of failure are you seeing? Is the Information Service returning an error? Or is it a problem with your code parsing the response?

• The query does return the values when the code is executed, however this line breaks:

var element = result.XPathSelectElement("//*[local-name()='A']");

var element2 = result.XPathSelectElement("//*[local-name()='Nodes']");

If I use one element the code works but I can only use information from the one selected table, I was wondering if there is a way to select from multiple tables like my query and using the XPathSelectElement or does the SDK only support one table query?

Thank you for your reply.

• Have you looked at the XML that comes back? You should be able to write your XPath easily then.

Note that you can change "RETURN XML AUTO" to "RETURN XML RAW" in the query to get a different (simpler) XML serialization back.