This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM - Custom report to show peak data rate with a 15+ minute filter

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to make a custom report (because the SW engineer said it cannot be done with the canned reports case # 499233 and he was unable to assist with a custom script).

In this report I want to be able to run a monthly (not last 30 days but previous month period) watching specific interfaces I have added a custom property to (which is used to filter out all other interfaces for the purpose of "internet usage reports").

The caveat is that I don't want to just see the daily peak data rate (which is usually a short burst) but if it is sustained for 15+ minutes then I can show a trend & that's what I want to show on my report.

The idea of the report is to be able to watch our "Internet circuit" interfaces on a monthly basis and see when we are closing in on the max bandwidth (not just the occasional daily burst).

I am attaching a copy of the canned report I tweaked & a screen shot of how it turns out in pdf.

It has everything I want except the filtering of the peak (daily) bandwidth which I would like to set at 15 minutes or more.

Anyone who would care to take a stab at a pointing me in the right direction; I would appreciate your time & efforts.

Thank you

Mike

attachments.zip