6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 12:47 PM by Kurt H

Anything Like Cisco Network Assistant

Kurt H

Does Engeineers Toolset or any other Solarwinds product have the same functionality as the Cisco product "Cisco Network Assistant". The reason I am asking is we use the Cisco Network Assistant constantly to configure the up/down status on a switch, enable port-security, etc. It is easy to use because we can enable multiple interfaces at the same time, rather then one at a time. 

• Re: Anything Like Cisco Network Assistant
          deverts

Are you looking to enable/disable ports due to port-security violations?  If this is port-security related, look at adding this to your switch configs:

errdisable recovery cause psecure-violation

This will automatically reset the port once the err-disable "cause" is resolved.  The default is 300 sec, but that can be adjusted to what you want.

Or do you disable all ports on a switch and enable them as needed?  Switch Port Mapper can enable/disable ports, but make sure you use the RW SNMP string .

Kurt H

What I am looking for is something in the GUI fashion that you can Enable multiple ports at once, not turn on one port at a time. Also, something we can enable and disable port-security on an interface if needed and to clear err-disabled states.  Something similar to Cisco Network Assistant. I was hopping a Solarwind product would have the same functionality.

deverts

I haven't seen anything that will do what you are looking for exactly.  Port mapper will give you the ability to enable/disabled ports, but 1 at a time.  This will also give you the ability to disable/enable (clear, shut/no shut) a port that has been err-disabled because of a port-security violation.  Config Upload will give you the ability to modify the interface settings to add/remove port-security.  However, based on your request, there is nothing in the toolset currently that does what you want like NA.

Kurt H

So now the big question. Will Solarwinds be coming out with something similar, or add those features to UDT??