3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2013 7:11 AM by ttl

Question regarding the NTP Server being used by Alert Central

smalleggo

I have a question related to Alert Central. I am getting the "unsychronised --> time server re-starting --> polling server every 64 s" error.

Has anyone ran into this before? Since we cannot change the NTP Server and my job keeps things pretty locked down are there any solutions to this problem?

Thanks,

• Re: Question regarding the NTP Server being used by Alert Central
          bginter

Hello,

If you are using VMware, please check your ESXi host to see if NTP is enabled.  If the clock is wrong on the ESXi server, time synchronization is enabled for the Alert Central VM, and NTP is running in the VM, then the NTP process in the VM will continuously desync.

The options are to either enable NTP on the ESXI host or disable time synchronization on the Alert Central VM.

To disable time synchronization for the VM, enter the VM settings, click the Options tab, select VMware Tools, uncheck "Synchronize guest time with host", and click OK.  After disabling it, allow some time to pass for the NTP daemon in the VM to synchronize and then confirm that it stays synchronized to the NTP servers.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Benjamin

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Question regarding the NTP Server being used by Alert Central
            ttl

Same problem here. VM is set to sync with the host. I checked the ntp.conf file and it's configured for CentOS's ntp.org servers, which I can ping, but still no NTP. Plus, can't edit the ntp.conf file because the Root password is of course not given, apparently even for free products.