1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 9:44 AM by rmorton

Solarwins  NDS Assessment Tool - query

andywilkinson

Hello All,

I was wondering if you could assist me with the following.  We have installed (seems free executable) of Solarwins  NDS Assessment Tool (NDS).  This was the file name in case you are interested SolarWindsNDSAssessment-v1.0

The client is using a Solarwins Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and we want to get the data and upload to Cisco CDS for life cycle analysis

Anyway, we follow the simple steps and enter all the details in the Solarwins  NDS Assessment Tool (NDS) tool:

1. NCM Server IP and logon credentails

2. My Cisco user details

3. Customer Email and my email and so fort

Then we select Start generate report and we get an error :  "policy falsified"

The customer allows HTTP and HTTPS from his NCM server. there are no DENY logs in the FW anymore (HTTPS was added yesterday)

Is someone able to assist me what this error means or perhaps there are other protocols or port numbers needed to be allowed on the firewall.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Best Wishes

Andy

• Re: Solarwins  NDS Assessment Tool - query
          rmorton

Hi Andy

I have had the same issue this week so tried to log a support call, however they have pointed me back to raise a post on here. Have you had a response from SolarWinds on this yet? I wasn't sure if they had PM'd you as there has been nothing posted since Monday.

Please can you post if they have provided you with a fix or troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks

Richard