This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What is the diffrence between %processavg% and usage avg

Hi ,

What is the difference between the CPU Utilization average load of %processavg% and usage average we get with the query %monitorstatus% , rtt: 352ms; usage: 6.02%; usage-avg: 6.02%.

Both give me  a different value.

pastedImage_2.png

%monitorstatus% - rtt: 352ms; usage: 6.02%; usage-avg: 6.02%

%processavg% - 3.18%.

The above alert was configured for CPU monitoring.

• %monitorstatus% gives you 'Last Monitor Status' for a given monitor.

%processavg% gives you CPU load for the server where you have ipMonitor installed.

• but i still cannot understand the last monitor status details, can you elaborately explain  the terminology.

Both thresholds, last value and short term, have been exceeded; rtt: 2154ms; usage: 85.86%; usage-avg: 29.54%

What is the calculation for usage-avg?

if the usage is the current utilization, then how can the "monitorstatus"in the picture, from previous question be the same.

And what i understand is that , any outage will impact the Usage avg calculation...am i correct?? then why is there a huge difference.?

• "usage" field indicates current processor load.

"usage-avg" field is calculated including all "usage" fields during the period of time when monitor is enabled.
    In other words, this is arithmetical mean of all "usage" values for the period of time.