1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 3:21 AM by romo17

Relatively new to this forum.   Question regarding monitoring a scheduled job in Oracle

Dan Sargis

Hi,

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this question and also if this has already been addressed.  I would like to create an alert in netmonitor to check the status of a scheduled job.   Essentially the query would go something like this:

select status from <table_name> where schedule date = SYSDATE and status <> "Done".   If the status returns "TRUE", we wish to be email alerted.

Has anyone created such an alert and if so, how can I acquire it and may I modify it for use for our aforementioned requirement?

Thanks!

• Re: Relatively new to this forum.   Question regarding monitoring a scheduled job in Oracle
          romo17

Hello Dan

It was a long time ago that I worked with Oracle, and I know nothing about netmonitor.

But is not the information you want to check in flat textfile logs that you can easily reach from scripts outside Oracle and netmonitor?

If netmonitor works like Nagios, you can make it run your own script to make the check, and show the result of the test as you wish.

You could let the script select the log files with the correct date in the name and search them for the table name. If the log says it was created you set the exit code to 0 and output a line of text saluting the success. I there is error messages for the table creation in the log, you set the exit code to maybe 2 and output a suitable text. If your search get no hits, make it a warning with exit code 1, and an appropriate text.

It is my guess that Netmonitor would use exit code 0 for success, 1 for warning, 2 for failure and 3 for when a status has not been able to be determined.

I hope this could inspire you to a working solution

Good luck!

/Rolf