This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need assistance to understand IPmonitor alert terms and tokens

Hi Team,

We have a much elaborated set up for IP monitor at my organization. But the challenge is I am new to IPMONITOR.

Recently I was asked to initiate a new monitoring set up for a server and I could smartly query the terms or tokens from alert page, but i clearly don't understand how ipmonitor queries calculates and throws an email alert at what thresholds. Definitely i couldn't understand the alert status query.

. Hope I can clear my doubts

pastedImage_2.png

>> Last Result:rtt: 331ms; usage: 7.05%; usage-avg: 18.08%

What is the usage? Usage-avg? and on what basis is this calculated.

>> Call was canceled by the message filter; oserror: 0x80010002; avail-avg: 53.37%

What are the error codes ? do we have a page where I can get alist of error codes and understand them better,

BTW what does the above error relate to?

>> Coverage:22 hours, 41 mins, 28 secs  Duration:7 hours, 13 mins, 27 secs

What is the difference between Coverage and Duration

>> query for token Monitordownlength gave me 3.08 minutes when the alert was triggered. This was the first email I received when the alert triggered.

Why is there a 3.08 minutes delay for the alert to generate the alert?

The settings are

Last-Value Threshold

Max CPU Usage (%)

Short-Term Threshold (for smoothing out spikes)

Max CPU Usage (%)

Sample size

secs

There are still a lot of questions going on, but i shall post after getting an update on this post..!!!

Thanks,

Pasha