1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 4:09 PM by Lawrence Garvin

query updates with release dates older than 30 days - WSUS Server computer Updates Count info

alanpm

Hi,

I very much like the report available in Patch Manager "WSUS Server computer Updates Count info - Computers with approved update percentages" .

But we release updates in monthly cycles .  Is it possible to customise this report to show counts of updates with release dates older than 30 days .

This would allow me to validate the deployment of updates that should be there and ignore the updates that are presently being deployed .

So technically is that possible with the current tool ?

If yes , any suggestions how I can adjust the report query ?

• Re: query updates with release dates older than 30 days - WSUS Server computer Updates Count info
          Lawrence Garvin

The "Computers with approved update percentages" report in the Windows Server Update Services report category cannot currently be enhanced to filter on Release Date, even though that filter is available in the Updates datasource. The Report Builder returns a "multiple datasource" error, which it should not be doing for reports in this category.

However, a similar report can be obtained from the Windows Server Update Services Analytics report category by using the "Approved Summary with percentages" report, which already contains Release Date as a default field. You can dynamically filter this value from the Report Viewer by de-selecting the current month from the display, or you can save a report specification by adding a filter using Report Builder for Release Date "was not in this month". (Note that this value is based on Calendar Month, not "the last 30 days".)