3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 3:43 PM by dkeyser

    No longer seeing LUN Masking data.

    dkeyser

      We're no longer seeing LUN Masking data for one of our storage arrays. It's a Clarrion and this wasn't a problem a few months ago but now that data is not showing under assets. Does anyone know of why this would happen or of a way to troubleshoot this. I'm pouring through the diagnostics log files but I'm coming up empty.

        • Re: No longer seeing LUN Masking data.
          dkeyser

          I've created a case for this, Case 492909, and I'll update with responses from support.

          • Re: No longer seeing LUN Masking data.
            animelov

            I've seen this once or twice before, and it seems to be more or less a provider issue.  Not sure if a new version will help or not (always worth a shot), but the one thing that worked for me is resetting the provider.  To do that:

             

            1) Stop the ECOM service

            2) Remove/Rename the Program Files\EMC\SYMAPI\db\symapi_db.bin file

            3) Restart the ECOM service

            4) Re-add the array via testsmiprovider.exe

             

            Once that is done, click on the refresh icon at the top of the Clariion's page in STM to force a collection, wait about 5 minutes and see if the data has refreshed.

              • Re: No longer seeing LUN Masking data.
                dkeyser

                We tried adding a new providor and moving the array to it but that didn't help either. We noticed there were a bunch of arrays we were decomishoning and when they were cleaned out everything started working again. These decom arrays either had hosts with no LUNs or LUNs with no hosts. Not sure which was causing the issue but it's fixed now. Thanks for the help!