2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 7:59 PM by antioch

Sophos blocking lem webpage

antioch

bHello everyone, my enterprise is using Sophos endpoint security and when I attempt to login to the lem web page I click connect the small bar that shows up bellow the button moves but it will never connect. when I turn Sophos real time protection off I am able to login, this seems strange as no quarantine items show up and nothing in the Sophos log indicates why it was blocked. obviously turning off Sophos isn't an option, as is adding the lem ip to the trusted list. So im wondering, what can be done?

• Re: Sophos blocking lem webpage
          ElevenB2003

There is a setting in Sophos Endpoint Security to disable "Web Protection" I believe I've seen this issue in the past where a website is not necessarily blocked but the content being downloaded in the background is.  You should be able to add the website as "Authrorized" in the Enterprise Console or, start by just disabling Web Protection on your system to see if that's the actual root cause (Disabling real time protection shuts down all the scanners).

Here's a post on the Sophos forums with similar content:  exception to web control ? - SophosTalk community

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Sophos blocking lem webpage
              antioch

Well the problem there is I want to avoid setting up a blanket allow for the individual webpage for security reasons. but the link you provided looks like there suggesting I contact Sophos and ask them to setup some kind of testing to get it added to the program, so I will give that a shot. in case they cant does anyone have any ideas besides adding an always on exception?