This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Did not receive command prompt after connecting via SSH

I am running CatTools 3.9 and am trying to backup the config from a Brocade switch. When I run the Device.Backup.Running.Config script I receive the error "Did not Receive command prompt after connecting via SSH"

I have searched the forums and the CatTools pdf but have been unable to locate an answer for this problem.

• Hi,

If you are in active maintenance, you can contact through support and get it done.

Or else please do the below steps

1.Enable capture mode in file menu and the run the activity.

2.After that please find the files in the name of the device under Debug folder in teh installed location (That is Debug Log)

3.And also the file named infolog in the installed folder.

4.Collect those and reply to me with those

Thanks,

Nanda

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to rgnanda

I just had the same problem with my Brocade switches models 6430 and 6450. I remembered that Brocade bought Foundry a while back. I changed the device type to Foundry.Switch.General and it started working.

• Hi,

Can you please share the infolog and debug log of the device. Let me have a look at it?

Thanks,

Nanda

• I have an HP2920 switch that I am having this exact issue with.  Was there any resolution found?

My error message states --> did not receive command prompt after connecting via SSH