This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issue adding notes to tickets using the REST API

I was using web help desk 11 and leveraging the REST API pretty heavily for some automation I have. I recently updated to Web Help Desk 12 and the automation is failing completely. Using the same JSON, I can't add notes to tickets any more. I have a bug with the developers to fix it, but I'm wondering if there are any users on the new version that have the API working. Perhaps I can update my JSON to get around the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Here is the JSON I used to add notes:

{"ticketId":458,"emailGroupManager":false,"emailTechGroupLevel":false,"fullDetails":false,"isSolution":false,"emailCC":true,"isHidden":false,"hours":0,"ccAddressesForTech":"","minutes":0,"emailTech":true,"noteText":"This is a test","currentRecipients":"Client; Tech","jobticket":{"type":"JobTicket","id":458},"emailClient":true,"emailBcc":false}

There is a really nice stack trace as well (only the top snippet here):

ERROR [2013-06-05 13:55:56]<http-bio-8081-exec-1557> java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.macsdesign.whd.rest.controllers.TechNoteController.addNoteToTicket(TechNoteController.java:73)
at com.macsdesign.whd.rest.controllers.TechNoteController.createAction(TechNoteController.java:43)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)