4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 11:01 AM by David Di Blasio

Client Certificate Management Problem

notta

I have Windows XP SP3 machine that I cannot get the 3rd party cert installed on. I can do everything else I need to the machine, but I cannot install the cert. This cert is working fine on hundreds of other machines. When I run the Client Certificate Management tool I receive the following results from the task:

Client Certificate Management
      Object:
      CN=WSUS Publishers Self-signed

Details: NotFound Not found

Has anyone else seen this issue before?

Thanks.

• Re: Client Certificate Management Problem
          David Di Blasio

Can you share the full error so we can get a sense of what specific function is failing?

notta

Thanks for the reply David. Actually that is the complete error. I opened the task result details and pasted it into this thread as is.

notta

One more thing. I have a task that runs every day to install the certificate on all of our supported machines. The machine I'm referring to has always failed because the task to install the providers would always fail. So here is what I did today. I have removed certain information.

1) Task results trying to install providers to machine in question from this morning:

Check and Manage Computer connectivity
                Object:  computer.domain

Details: Hostname is computer.domain

Retrieved MAC address for IP Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx MAC Address: 00-23-AE-AD-AE-EA
                ICMP Ping succeeded.
                Unable to retrieve MAC address of
                192.168.xxx.xxx. Error Code: 0x80004005 Message: GetMACAddress()::Error retrieving MAC address for 192.168.xxx.xxx. Error Code: 67

Domain: domain
                Computer name: computer
                MAC Address: 00-23-AE-AD-AE-EA

InitializationFailure Initialization failure . Unable to connect using account domain\userName

Successfully connected to the Microsoft Endpoint Mapper (Port 135)

Successfully connected to direct hosting NetBIOS over TCP-IP port 445 which is required for 'File and Print Sharing'

SolarWinds Provider Required: False
                Microsoft WMI Redistributable Required: False

2) Task results from today trying to install the certificate for the machine in question:

Object:

Details: Attempt to connect to computer1 failed.
                The following attempts were made:

ARP Resolution result: No
                DNS Resolution result: Yes
                NETBIOS Name Resolution: Yes
                MS Endpoint Mapper: Yes
                WMI Connection: No
                InitializationFailure Initialization failure . Unable to connect using account domain\userName
                EminentWare Provider Connection: No
                File and Print Sharing Ports: Yes

Successfully connected to direct hosting NetBIOS over TCP-IP port 445 which is required for 'File and Print Sharing'

3) Since PM could not push the providers I used PSEXEC to install the providers.

4) I can now connect to the machine. Get software inventory, push out Automatic Update policies, etc.

5) When trying to push out the cert I receive the original post error above:

Object:

Details: NotFound Not found

I hope this extra info helps.

Thanks.