This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Advanced alerts and Universal Devices Pollers

I work for a large MSP and we have many custom pollers built to monitor power equipment and infrastructure.

I have configured alerts to report when events happen but I'd like to include the value that the OID is reporting.  I assume I will need to do this via SQL but i'm really not sure how to write that sort of query.

any help is appreciated.

• jkovarick,

If you've set up an alert that is using Custom Node Poller as the "Type of Property to Monitor" on the trigger condition tab,  you should be able to use a variable that's available under the "CustomPollerStatus" section to insert the value from the polller.

Variables.png

• You should be able to do that by using a variable in your trigger action to pull in the value. Is this what you are referring to?

• Ah, kweise and I were on the same page it seems. One note, if you are manually entering the values in there, make sure you use the { and not parentheses. It can be fairly small and difficult to tell. One time I accidentally dropped parentheses in and was driving myself crazy as to why the variable wasn't being pulled in.