5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 6:12 AM by HerrDoktor

    SDK Imported Nodes (Orion.Nodes) do not get rediscovered

    HerrDoktor

      Hi Guys,

       

      has anyone had the Issue when Importing Nodes  from a file rather than by Network Discovery that those do not get rediscovererd?

       

      We have a Support Ticket currently open but it might get "not Supported" since we use the SDK.

       

      Any Help/Ideas welcome.

       

      Thanks,

      Holger

        • Re: SDK Imported Nodes (Orion.Nodes) do not get rediscovered
          tdanner

          Did you set the RediscoveryInterval property on the node? It should be a number in minutes. When you add the node through the website, it will set RediscoveryInterval to 30, but when you add it programmatically you need to set it yourself.

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: SDK Imported Nodes (Orion.Nodes) do not get rediscovered
              HerrDoktor

              Hi there,

              I realized that the "next Rediscovery Date" is displayed in the Web-Console to 30 Minutes after the Import happened. This might be "default" so I will try to set that manually.

               

              Thanks for the Help I will keep you Updated

              • Re: SDK Imported Nodes (Orion.Nodes) do not get rediscovered
                RichardLetts

                Are you sure? On all of the nodes that i have imported it's not set by my code, but it's 30 minutes in the database (that is the default value set on the database column). Is there some other process that looks at this value when it's set explicitly?

                • Re: SDK Imported Nodes (Orion.Nodes) do not get rediscovered
                  HerrDoktor

                  Hi,

                   

                  I set the RediscoveryTimeInterval in My script to 15 Minutes, still no NodeDetails Update

                  I see the 15 Minutes in the Webpage.

                   

                  What I saw a few minutes ago:

                  The Rediscovery is Updating the Time but the Node Details are not Updated.I have no clue what is going wrong

                   

                  See Screenshot for Details:

                  Rediscovery.PNG

                   

                  We need to have the NodeDetails updated because we want to get the Node-Configs with NCM therefore we need the OIDs in order to run the correct commands on the different devices.

                   

                  Any other Ideas?

                   

                  Thanks

                  Holger

                    • Re: SDK Imported Nodes (Orion.Nodes) do not get rediscovered
                      HerrDoktor

                      For everyone who is also facing this issue: we did not have the appropriate pollers handed over in the Import script

                       

                      This piece of code helped:

                      # register specific pollers for the node

                              $poller = @{

                              NetObject="N:"+$newNode["NodeID"];

                              NetObjectType="N";

                              NetObjectID=$newNode["NodeID"];

                              }

                                 

                              # Details

                              $poller["PollerType"]="N.Details.SNMP.Generic";

                              $pollerUri = New-SwisObject $target -EntityType "Orion.Pollers" -Properties $poller

                            

                                  # Uptime

                              $poller["PollerType"]="N.Uptime.SNMP.Generic";

                              $pollerUri = New-SwisObject $target -EntityType "Orion.Pollers" -Properties $poller