2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 4:20 PM by Chet Camlin

Orion Service Manager

phoneman7

Does anyone know what the Start Everything and Shutdown Everything button in Orion service manager points to?  The reason I ask is, I am trying to automate the shutdown of services so the DBAs can run a SQL maintenance plan every 2 weeks.  If i can point to that so all serivces stop wait for the maintenance plan to finish and point to whatever starts them all again (a .bat file?) it would make my life easier.

Thank You,

• Re: Orion Service Manager
          Scott Sadlocha

I'd be interested to know as well. I don't know if it just points to services.msc or does a scripted net stop/net start behind the applet, but I would be curious to know the actual mechanics.

• Re: Orion Service Manager
            Chet Camlin

This is the location of the EXE.  "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\StopNetPerfMon.exe".  There is also a config file for this program.  "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\StopNetPerfMon.exe.config".  There does not seem to be command line switches for this program.  I tried the obvious  /?  -?  -h  -H.  It's seems to be GUI only.  Your best bet is to set up a BAT file with "net stop" and "net start"command for all of the Solarwinds services.  Schedule it to execute when needed.  Be sure and check the real name of each service with "SC Query".  You can also tack this on to the end of the BAT file to check the service status after you have executed the net stop or net start on the services. Write the output to a logfile if needed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful