2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 3:13 PM by horstj

Email a Web Page Error

horstj

Hello,

I was looking into modifying the default alert titled "High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers". I tried to use the trigger action of emailing a web page, but I keep getting an error. Here is what I have as the URL:

${SQL:SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(Macro, '$$Password$$', '######'),'$$User$$', 'Admin') FROM NetFlowAlertMacros WHERE ID='InWebMailInterfaceDetailsLink'}

However, when I run a test on the alert, here is the output I get:

5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Initiating test for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Retrieved 2 actions for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Preparing action type NPMEventLog to test alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers: successfully wrote to event log. - Interface Adaptive Security Appliance 'inside' interface on #####.#####.com received at 0% of its utilization, which triggered this alert. MACRO SQL ERROR - Incorrect syntax near 'inside'.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Action type NPMEventLog for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers completed successfully.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Completed action type NPMEventLog for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Preparing action type EMailURL to test alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Email 'High Receive Percent Utilization is 0%' from '"Network Performance Monitor" <nobody@nobody.com>' to '"####@####.com" <####@####.com>' has been handed to the local mail handler for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers. However, the mail handler had the following error:

Email message sent via SMTP Server 192.168.1.5 To:"####@####.com" <####@####.com> CC: BCC: From:"Network Performance Monitor" <nobody@nobody.com> Subject:High Receive Percent Utilization is 0% Body: http://MyServer:80/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/Utils/AlertRedirect.aspx?InterfaceID=2&UtcTime=2013-05-23T17:55:09.023&Direction=Ingress&WebByMail=true&Utilization=0&AccountID=Admin&Password=######&AccountID2=Admin&Password2=######&NetFlowEnabled=true&InlineRendering=TRUE

EXCEPTION STACK: --> Unknown Error : CDO.Message.1 :    at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.CreateMHTMLBody(String URL, CdoMHTMLFlags Flags, String UserName, String Password)

at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Messag

5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Action type EMailURL for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers failed to complete successfully.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Completed action type EMailURL for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
      5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Completed test for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.

I also see this error in the server's event viewer:

2013-05-23 13:58:10,156 [AlertCheckingThread] WARN  All - Failure - Was unable to send email message to "####@####.com" <####@####.com>.  Error Detail -

EXCEPTION STACK: --> Unknown Error : CDO.Message.1 :    at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.CreateMHTMLBody(String URL, CdoMHTMLFlags Flags, String UserName, String Password)

at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.MessageActions.ActionEmailURL.AsyncMailToSend.SendThis(Object state);

- Email message sent via SMTP Server 192.168.1.5 To:"####@####.com" <####@####.com> CC: BCC: From:"Network Performance Monitor" <nobody@nobody.com> Subject:High Receive Percent Utilization is 0% Body:http://MyServer:80/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/Utils/AlertRedirect.aspx?InterfaceID=2&UtcTime=2013-05-23T17:58:10.183&Direction=Ingress&WebByMail=true&Utilization=0&AccountID=Admin&Password=#####&AccountID2=Admin&Password2=#####&NetFlowEnabled=true&InlineRendering=TRUE

Does anyone know what could be causing this error? I even set the URL to just say http://www.google.com and I got the same error messages seen above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

John