This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email a Web Page Error

Hello,

I was looking into modifying the default alert titled "High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers". I tried to use the trigger action of emailing a web page, but I keep getting an error. Here is what I have as the URL:

${SQL:SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(Macro, '$$Password$$', '######'),'$$User$$', 'Admin') FROM NetFlowAlertMacros WHERE ID='InWebMailInterfaceDetailsLink'}

However, when I run a test on the alert, here is the output I get:

5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Initiating test for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Retrieved 2 actions for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Preparing action type NPMEventLog to test alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers: successfully wrote to event log. - Interface Adaptive Security Appliance 'inside' interface on #####.#####.com received at 0% of its utilization, which triggered this alert. MACRO SQL ERROR - Incorrect syntax near 'inside'.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Action type NPMEventLog for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers completed successfully.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Completed action type NPMEventLog for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Preparing action type EMailURL to test alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Email 'High Receive Percent Utilization is 0%' from '"Network Performance Monitor" <nobody@nobody.com>' to '"####@####.com" <####@####.com>' has been handed to the local mail handler for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers. However, the mail handler had the following error:

Email message sent via SMTP Server 192.168.1.5 To:"####@####.com" <####@####.com> CC: BCC: From:"Network Performance Monitor" <nobody@nobody.com> Subject:High Receive Percent Utilization is 0% Body: MyServer:80/.../AlertRedirect.aspx

EXCEPTION STACK: --> Unknown Error : CDO.Message.1 :    at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.CreateMHTMLBody(String URL, CdoMHTMLFlags Flags, String UserName, String Password)

at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Messag

5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Action type EMailURL for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers failed to complete successfully.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Completed action type EMailURL for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.
5/23/2013 1:55:09 PM:Completed test for alert High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers.

I also see this error in the server's event viewer:

2013-05-23 13:58:10,156 [AlertCheckingThread] WARN  All - Failure - Was unable to send email message to "####@####.com" <####@####.com>.  Error Detail -

EXCEPTION STACK: --> Unknown Error : CDO.Message.1 :    at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.CreateMHTMLBody(String URL, CdoMHTMLFlags Flags, String UserName, String Password)

at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.MessageActions.ActionEmailURL.AsyncMailToSend.SendThis(Object state);

- Email message sent via SMTP Server 192.168.1.5 To:"####@####.com" <####@####.com> CC: BCC: From:"Network Performance Monitor" <nobody@nobody.com> Subject:High Receive Percent Utilization is 0% Body:MyServer:80/.../AlertRedirect.aspx

Does anyone know what could be causing this error? I even set the URL to just say http://www.google.com and I got the same error messages seen above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

John